Flying Cats

Years ago, my parents gave me a stuffed animal for Christmas and said something along the lines of, "But you always wanted a cat." I think you can understand why they think I lack a sense of humor.

So I would do this thing with Fred where I would be flying the cat around the room and then, oh no, the cat kamikazes onto Fred's chest. Dive Bomb Kitty. That Fred found this funny probably explains why we are together.

In spite of this similarity to Salvador Dali, I never imagined, in my wildest dreams, there would be a Hello Kitty Airlines.

Clearly, I haven't truly allowed my imagination to bathe in the surreal soup of rainbows, sunshine, and marketing which is the Sanrio Co., Ltd's raison d'etre. Sanrio, your ability to find new and clever ways to sell Kitty White to the world, bathing us in a sugary coating of twee, is truly awe inspiring.

United, American, Delta, Southwest, and the rest of you, just think of the ridiculous fees you could charge people if you did something like this.

It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Fly the Friendly Skies." (I am sorry, I couldn't resist).

(all photos Reuters/Pichi Chuang)

Comments

Popular Posts