Last Day of Freedom

I am not sure how much blogging I will be doing in November. I would like to think all my creative energy will be going towards writing a novel and that I will be so spent by my own brilliance I will be spending the few free moments I have lying on ravaged on the sofa (I know, it sounds dirty when put like that, it's supposed to).

So, this post is really just a clearing out of the mental inbox before a really big project.

A few days ago, Kristen posted a meme on her blog and called me out. She knows I am a sucker for a good meme and a sucker for someone saying they expect/want me to do something; try as I might to rebel, my good girl nature takes over and I soon find myself typing out all sorts of infor about myself that, if I think about it, I can't imagine any of you really care to know. so, without further ado, let me present

If This Blog Were Harper's, This May Be The Index

or

Alimum Answers 47 Questions For Your Amusement

  1. First name? Alison
  2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, actually. The film Love Story came out a little over a year before I was born and the name Jennifer was extremely popular among girl babies (why parents would be so desperate to name their daughters after a woman who dies of *cancer*, I am still not sure about). So my mom wanted to name me Jennifer and my Dad said, no, absolutely not. Other names that were suggested were Gretchen (too German, especially when paired with the surname of my father) and Abigail (too many Bs when paired with the aforementioned surname). A friend of my parents suggested Alison, spelled with one L, sortof after Ali McGraw (star of Love Story).
  3. When did you last cry? Yesterday while reading the book Love You Forever to Julian. I always get choked up at the part when the son sings to his dying mother. Heck, I am getting teary just thinking about it now.
  4. Do you like your handwriting? I like writing things out, but I do not like the way my handwriting looks. The cursive looks sloppy and the printing looks too neat. I wish I had really funky handwriting. I type very fast and I think I have gotten spoiled by the computer (sometimes, when I am writing, it is sometimes hard for my brain to slow down enough for my hands to keep up).
  5. What is your favorite lunchmeat? I don't really think lunchmeat is the sort of thing one would pick favorites of...um...turkey, I guess.
  6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? It really depends on the circumstances under which I met me. There are days when I would think I was the most helpful, friendly, cool person in the world, and other days when I would think I was the biggest, most pretentious geek, snot, dork I had ever met.
  7. Do you have a journal? Yes, but I have fallen off the journaling wagon. Having a child did that. Now I have this blog to, at least, try to force me to write stuff down.
  8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
  9. Would you bungee jump? I haven't thus far. It doesn't sound terribly appealing to me, but who knows, if the stars and moon were aligned just right, I may.
  10. What is your favorite cereal? Cold cereal: Cheerios or corn flakes. Hot cereal: steel cut oatmeal.
  11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes. You will stretch out your shoes prematurely if you don't unlace them first.
  12. Do you think you’re strong? I am deceptively strong. Seriously, ask me to lift something.
  13. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Butter pecan or rum raisin. But really, most flavors are good (I am talking traditional flavors like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry...if presented with flavors like tutti frutti and bubblegum, I will just go without).
  14. Shoe size? 6.5/7 American (depending on the manufacturer), 37 European
  15. Red or pink? Pink, but it depends on the shade.
  16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I can only pick one thing? Alright, my perfectionism and the subsequent lack of confidence caused by my inability to be perfect.
  17. Who do you miss the most? I really can't begin to answer this one.
  18. What color pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? White t-shirt with black cats on it, black pants, navy blue slippers
  19. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? Sure, why not?
  20. Last thing you ate? Kiwi fruit
  21. What are you listening to right now? The sound of the fan in my iMac.
  22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I'd be a dark colored crayon, probably one of the reds or purples, one of the ones which looks darker than it actually is, but is still a lot darker than most of the other crayons in the box.
  23. Favorite smell? Depends on the time of day. Chocolate, coffee, curry, baking bread, sandalwood.
  24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Fred
  25. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? SMART. But, usuallythe whole package which hits me all at once: smart, funny, kind, talented, physically appealing.
  26. Do you like the person you stole this from? Well, of course I do. Would I read her blog if I didn't?
  27. Favorite drink? Water, coffee and red wine. I can't pick just one.
  28. Favorite sport? Baseball
  29. Eye color? Brown
  30. Hat size? I think I am a 7 1/4. I think.
  31. Do you wear contacts? Sometimes. But 98% of th time, I'm wearing glasses.
  32. Favorite food? I don't have a favorite food. I eat a lot of Trader Joe's granola bars, avocados, and peanuts, so maybe that qualifies.
  33. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy. I generally can't stand suspense-I have been known to hide in a closet during particularly tense scenes in films/moments in ballgames. also, I have a very good imagination and don't need anything to encourage it in the middle of the night when I hear a creak.
  34. Summer or winter? Both.
  35. Hugs or kisses? Both
  36. Favorite dessert? Depends on the day. Tiramisu, flourless chocolate cake, bread pudding.
  37. Who is most likely to respond? I dunno. I hate tagging people. Um...Jill
  38. Least likely to respond? Everyone else. I'd love it if you did, but I won't hold my breath
  39. What books are you reading? I've been trying to read Versailles, but it may be too post modern for me right now.
  40. What’s on your mouse pad? I have a Persian rug mouse pad.
  41. What did you watch last night on TV? Daily Show/Colbert Report (How cool is Barry Manilow?)
  42. Favorite sounds? All thing watery-waves, rivers, rain.
  43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
  44. The furthest you’ve been from home? India, in terms of geographical distance. In spiritual terms, there have been moments when I have been so depressed I didn't think I'd ever find my way back.
  45. What is your special talent? I am an emotional virtuoso. Which is another way of saying I am not very good at hiding my feelings and I am very good at taking things personally.
  46. Where were you born? Chicago.
  47. Who sent this to you? Kristen. Evil, evil Kristen.

Comments

Popular Posts