MMMMM Doughnuts

I'll admit, when I first heard about deep fried coca cola, my response was, "Ouch! My teeth are hurting just thinking about that!"

But as I think about it some more, I am having a change of heart. I mean, I can't be the only person who has noticed that sometimes chai tea has a spice profile that is oddly similar to coca cola. It may be the cloves. So how bad can a dessert made from a batter of sugar, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, whipped cream, strawberries, wheat, and butter be? It actually sounds oddly appropriate for the holidays.

I till can't say for sure that I would try it. The idea of Deep Fried Coca Cola makes me pause in a way that, say, Holiday Spice Doughnut Holes does not. So the problem is really semantics. However, since language is what makes us human, I can't change the fact that I get caught up in words.

Of course, the idea of how sweet these things must be still causes my teeth to ache in sympathy. I imagine that compared to these, Krispy Kremes taste salty.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you signed up for NaNoWriMo, then? Shall I add you to my list of people I'm going to harass for daily word counts?
:-)
alimum said…
Yes, add me to the list.
Anonymous said…
There is a widget available on the site that will track your word count when you upload excerpts.

I kind of like frozen Coke. Once a year, pms treat, tops. But yeah, I admit that I would probably try these at a fair too.

Popular Posts