Twelve Days of Christmas Music: Christmas in LA



"There's a well-rehearsed disinterest in the atmosphere. Don't know if tat's what tis town gave me or it led me here."-The Killers

The Killers do a Christmas song every year. This one may seem bleak, but it captures my point of view right now.

Years ago, Gail Kelly mocked me for choosing to pursue an acting career in Chicago. "You should move to LA if you want to be an actress," she said. With all due respect to the late Professor Kelly, there are very few choices from my past which I am one hundred percent certain were the right ones and not living here is one of them. Alas, my brother has chosen to make his life here which means I am forced to come here every so often. Yes, you get to experience 70 degree weather in December, but you don't get snow and it feels like Christmas is just another day. I can only imagine how much worse it would feel if I sacrificed everything to be here and I think of all the actors I have known who did just that and I hope they are well, wherever they are.

Comments

Popular Posts