A is for Alimum

Which Gashlycrumb Tiny are you?


A is for AMY who fell down the stairs.
Take this quiz!


I think this is the best quiz I have encountered thus far. I found it on Bookshelves of Doom.

Of course, it does not bode well for me as we have two flights of stairs within our living space which I must navigate often (I counted, I climb between 30-40 flights of stairs every day).

For those who know the home in which I once lived, people who are saying at this very moment, "But you had those concrete stairs in your old building. Not only were they steep and forced even the most in shape of us to pause in order to catch our breath, those were the same stairs at Ignatius, only these were painted green whereas those were red. Things must be so much easier now", I say to you in reply, "Yes, it is true, I no longer live in a catholic church on the school floor, and while it is true that I am no longer having catholic school flashbacks (because the stairs were red underneath that green paint and it was chipping in spots) and no longer have to haul a squirming toddler and two bags of groceries up 57 stairs, those stairs in the old place were not in my home, they were in my building. On an average day, I only climbed between 6-10 flights of stairs. I am doing way more stairclimbing now that stairs separate the computer from my bedroom from the kitchen. I am having to see a chiropracter to address the chronic hip injuries which are exacerbated by all of this up and down."

The really sad thing is that Julian is a total daredevil and does not learn from his falls. He thinks the stairs are the coolest thing ever. Even the promise of Gymboree cannot lure him away. I'll bet if he took this quiz (if he could read and all) he would get the exact same result.

As a postcript, I should add that I just went and took the test for Julian (I had to guess on some of them, but as his mother, I felt pretty confident about answering that he has no history of fits or epileptic seizures). This was his result:

Which Gashlycrumb Tiny are you?


D is for Desmond thrown out of a sleigh.

Which goes to show that you never can guess about these things. Fred will have to take the test and we can better determine what is going on here. It is interesting to note that my child, like me, has difficulty with movement and gravity.

Please, no comments about how I am a bad mother for taking this quiz for my child. If you only knew how accident prone I was or how much time Fred spent in the emergency room (or a full body cast) as a child, you'd be curious about this as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The thing about boys is that I'm not sure that they don't learn so much as it is they don't care. The pay off is worth the pain.

Popular Posts