My Ever Changing Moods-The Style Council

"The past is a knowledge, the present our mistake
And the future we always leave too late"--Paul Weller

For those of you wondering where I am, to quote the song, "I'm caught up in a whirlwind and my everchanging moods."

I get absolutely giddy whenever I am in Trader Joe's and this song is played. And not giddy in a "remember the 80s" sort of way, either. I actually really like this song now, today, in 2007. Which is funny because I didn't really like it when it was first released 24 years ago. Shows that my Duran Duran listening twelve year old self was but an egg when it came to taste in music. And taste in videos too. I mean, 24 years ago, I thought this video was boring, but now I see it as wonderfully surreal (in the way that many an 80s video was) and oddly reminiscent of a Monty Python sketch (mushroom cloud crossing sign, for example).

Also, can I just say that Paul Weller was pretty attractive? I mean, obviously not an "appeals to preteen girls" sort of attractive, but hey, I am no longer a teenager and having married a skinny bicycle riding man, one could say I have developed a taste for them. Which is a good thing because I don't think I would like being married to John Taylor, even though it was my destiny (or, at least, I believed it to be) back when I was twelve.

Comments

karrie said…
My Trader Joes has been on a Bee Gees kick lately.

Hard to believe that song is 24 years old!

Popular Posts