1:45 A.M.

Dear Random Pack of Young'uns,

I don't care if you are drunk or just met some hot guy at the bar or are enamored by the sound of your own voice, it is really rude to be shouting with your friends as you walk down a residential street in the wee hours of a Wednesday morning. You wake people up. People who really need their sleep and don't have the luxury of sleeping in the next morning. People who get very angry when their sleep is stolen by immature loudmouths. Oh, I know, you think I am just some bitter old person trying to keep you down, someone who just hates your youth. No, I have no problems with your youth, it's your incredibly loud voices and total lack of concern for others with which I have a problem.

So, here's the deal, I am investing in some spoiled eggs and fruit. If I am awoken in the middle of the night by loud noises, I will toss produce out my bedroom window at the offending parties. I have good aim. If your moves of this morning are any indication, I am pretty sure you will not be able to outrun me.

Consider this a friendly warning.

Love,

Alimum

**********************************************************
Alright, so perhaps that is an overreaction on my part, but I feel so much better now that I have gotten that out there.

In other news: My reading went well. You can read the story I performed here (and, if you so desire, the blog post that inspired it can be found here).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, i used to be one of those bastards yelling at 2 in the morning. I try and remember that when someone does it to me.

Doesn't help much though. I STILL want to go kick them.
karrie said…
Ugh. I will come over and throw blunt objects with you. (Has happened here a few times too.)

I'm so behind on reading blogs, so am out of the loop, but very cool that you gave a reading!
Coeruleus said…
Laser pointers work well too...and unless you're pointing it at a cop, you're likely not going to get sued or shot at.

Popular Posts