After Centuries of False Leads...


There appears to be a break in the Humpty Dumpty homicide investigation.

We were sitting in our hotel room the other day, Julian, Fred, and I.

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall," I explained to Julian, "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall."

"I pushed him!" Julian announced, pleased and proud of himself.

We explained to him that, in the future, he should ask to speak to his lawyer before offering any information of an incriminating nature.

He has since backed away from his earlier statements, telling us that he is Humpty Dumpty and even demonstrating falling off a wall for us.

Now that we are home, I am keeping him away from the eggs, just in case.

Yes, it is true, sometimes life tips its hat to a Jasper Fforde novel.

Comments

karrie said…
Hilarious! :)

M would be more likely to blurt out "It was an accident. I didn't mean to break him."

Popular Posts