Happy Valentine's Day

I am not a romantic.

However, I love music and words and nothing can make my heart skip a beat like a love song. I wrote a bit about love songs awhile ago (and yes, I am trying to get all of you to read my old stuff), but that list was not comprehensive. Also, while many unexpected videos lurk on YouTube, it is not the repository of all things I find myself wanting to post and reference.

However, I have spent the last few hours watching videos and remembering. There are some great love songs out there, but I can't help but be fascinated by all the songs which struck me when I was younger, the songs which I only now realize I couldn't have understood when I heard them, and yet, I grokked something. They shaped my idea of love, made me over in their image, and I am grateful for that.

I could spend the rest of the day posting more songs, but it is getting late and it is Valentine's Day.

A vision of love wearing boxing gloves and singing hearts and flowers
When I see you take the same sweet steps you used to take I know I'll keep on holding you my arms so tight I'll never let you go.
There'll never be another quite like you
Love is only Heaven away
Is this the taste of victory?

Comments

Popular Posts