When The Serpent Swallows Its Tail


This remains one of my favorite songs and one of my favorite videos. I don't have anything profound to say about it or have any grand revelations about the role it played in my life. Even now when I see it all I can think is, "Sigh, Peter Murphy."

I have been meaning to comment on Peter Murphy's cameo in the latest Twilight film. What disappoints me is that he wasn't in any of the vampire films that have been made between The Hunger and Eclipse. I mean, how great would it have been if he had been in Bram Stoker's Dracula or Interview With The Vampire? Why did so many years have to pass before someone thought of putting Peter Murphy in a vampire movie? Or maybe there should have been a scene in Ed Wood where someone (played by Peter Murphy) informed Ed about the death of Bela Lugosi (you know we would still be giggling about it now: "Mr. Wood, I regret to inform you that Bela Lugosi's Dead"). As far as I am concerned, a lot of directors have just dropped the ball on this and they should be ashamed of themselves.

And while it goes without saying that that I won't be rushing out to watch Eclipse, sigh, Peter Murphy.

Comments

Popular Posts