Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Magic Number Is Zero



Steve Goodman-A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request


As some of you may have noticed, I haven't said much about baseball this year. My reason for this has been simple: I didn't dare jinx anything by mentioning that the Cubs have been spectacular this year. I know how these things work, how the minute I blog about Carlos Zambrano pitching a no-hitter, the Cubs suddenly stop winning games and fail to make it into the post-season. Call me superstitious (or call me a baseball fan, it's the same thing really).

So I just want it to be clear that all I am doing with this blogpost is passing along the information that the Cubs clinched the Central Division Title this afternoon. That's it. Nothing more.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger R2K said...

...

R2K

Everyone please join me and find out what your Palin family name would be.

9:24 AM, September 21, 2008  
Blogger Judy said...

Yay Cubs!

I loved this - "Call me superstitious (or call me a baseball fan, it's the same thing really)." How very, very true.

I haven't been following sports at all much lately. My husband isn't a sports fan, and somehow it's not nearly as much fun to watch or listen alone. :( And I come from the Kansas City area, where the Royals haven't been much fun to watch since ... about 1990.

10:34 AM, September 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home