And The Weather's Good

"People started calling those in power to account
And people started saying, "I want my voice to count"
And people started learning that they don't need to fight
And they control their future and try to make it right"
The best thing about this song is not the realization that Mick Jones is still making music we all want to bounce up and down to all these years later. The best thing about this song is not the lyrics, which express a positive view that people have the power to demand social justice and change. No, the best thing about this song (for me, at any rate) is that Julian is running around singing it.




Comments

d g hays said…
Thanks. That's extraordinarily cute. - Mr. Waternoose
thatgirlblogs said…
and one day they shall all know how very cool we are...
Francesca said…
Hello! Hello! How are you? You are still here! So glad! I am going to stop using exclamation points now!

I still wear the lovely shirt you sent me and think of you. I am writing more and inching towards being more entirely, utterly me.

Come by and say hello?

Popular Posts