Twenty One Years Later


My mom has been trying to teach Julian the Chicago Bears Fight Song. On New Year's Day, she got excited because Julian was climbing a ladder and she said, "Get down!" And he responded, "Chicago Bears." My cousin, Valerie, revealed that some of her friends were trying to learn The Superbowl Shuffle to sing at parties (I should mention that when Valerie was in high school she and a group of friends learned the entire dance from the 'NSYNC video Bye Bye Bye and would bust it out at parties, leading me to admire Valerie's superior party foo) and I bemoaned the lack of style of this year's Bears when compared to the Shufflin' Crew of '85.

Thank Google for YouTube (because I will accept Google as my internet saviour).

And I don't even like football. But you know, I like parties, and having your city's team in the championship sortof counts as a party. And I think this just shows that The Cubs are more than due for a World Series appearance (an event which would make me crazy with glee and happiness).

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, I was trying to think of something more witty to write back than Go bears, but i'm too busy being tickled about a blog mention. I feel like a celebrity, go me. Though some might argue passion for teeny-bopper music is unhealthy and weird....JT still rocks my world.

ANYWAY....If I was in chicago right now, you and I would be collaborating on the new SuperBowl Shuffle, 2007 style, complete with choreographed routines, suitable for party dancing!.
Anonymous said…
Just dropping by to say hello. I was unable to view the YouTube vid.

Popular Posts