Buy Nothing Day



Today is Buy Nothing Day.

Although, at this point, either you weren't planning to buy anything today anyway or you have done all your shopping. What with some stores opening at midnight and me not getting around to posting until the late afternoon.

I realize that just because I didn't go shopping and I haven't whipped out the plastic today, I am still consuming more than my fair share of the earth's resources. Today I am using natural gas to heat my house, electricity to power this computer, and, earlier today, I used gasoline to transport my body from here to my mom's house, not to mention all the potable water I have used to wash away dirt from my body and food scraps from plates.

When you think about it, not shopping today really won't make much of a difference. But it is a start. And even if it is a tiny drop in a very large bucket, it still is something.

P.S. The above ad was rejected by MTV because they deem it inappropriate for their viewers. Um, maybe I am in the minority, but I wouldn't expect the people who are broadcasting A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila to have any standards (either intellectual or social) with regards to what they show their viewers. Please tell MTV that corporate censorship is unacceptable.

Comments

karrie said…
I was all set to do this, and blogged about it too, but the car dealership charged me for the service appointment I had, and while we were there Max begged for a bottled water. How do you say no to a request for water? lol

So not perfect, but I suspect better than most.

Popular Posts