I'll Tell You What We Could Do


Julian: Mama, you be me for awhile.
Me: If I am you, who will you be?
Julian: I'll be you.

Fred's Minneapolis heritage seems to have seeped into the kid. That's the only explanation I have for this. I swear to you Julian has never heard this song (our copy of Don't Tell a Soul is on vinyl, which means so not toddler friendly, and WXRT usually plays Aching To Be when they play The Replacements) so it is strange he should quote it so perfectly.

Well, alright, I'll admit, it isn't that odd. It would have been much weirder if he had said something about purging his soul perhaps for the imminent collapse. It's just a coincidence that I was thinking of this song about half an hour before he said this.

And if it's just a game then we'll hold hands just the same.

While my too tired to come true dreams may well have left me a rebel without a clue, searching for something to do, I can say with 100% certainty that being Julian's mom keeps me from feeling dull.

Comments

Popular Posts